Obeikan Folding Carton (OFC) lacked visibility into
operations and assets. They were unable to identify
challenges in real time, resulting in overall equipment
effectiveness (OEE) losses, multiple shifts and poor
OFC struggled to adapt to changes in schedules and
products, and were unable to manage rapid change
overs to support manufacturing.
In addition, excessive operator manual data entry
ODS reviewed the current set- up
at OFC which encompassed several
systems & installed ODS O3 Smart
Manufacturing Platform along with
its suite of Digital Lean Apps to
enable the following functions
- Provide accurate status of ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Monitor and control asset use to minimize operating costs .
- Integrate existing systems and accommodate heterogeneous systems .
- Improve planning and forecast inventory .
- Provide real time operational intelligence with end-to-end
traceability and origin .
- Refine and digitize unnecessary use of resources:
Allow creation of key performance
indicators (KPI’s) from vision to results
Scorecards & Action tracker
The adoption of O3 has helped OFC at all levels from operators to plant & general managers.
The insights and real time visibility provided by the solution delivered the following benefits:
Improved overall equipment
effectiveness (OEE) by 11.1%
Reduced unplanned downtime
Decreased Customer Complaint
Records (CCRs) by 80%
Optimized job scheduling
Lowered costs by 10%
Provided detailed insights on repair
to improve maintenance practices